- Research Group Name: Urban Transformation of the Areas under Disaster Risk Unit- ARAAD
Civil Engineering Faculty members, Assist. Prof. Dr. Almıla Uzel, Assist. Prof. Dr. Özden Saygılı and Assist. Prof. Dr. Eren Vuran has been serving the 4th Technical Committee of Istanbul under the "Urban Transformation of the Areas under Disaster Risk Unit- ARAAD" of the Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change. They evaluate the objections made by the owners of the buildings that have been determined to be risky, examining and making final approval of the risk assessment of the building, after evaluating the data collected as well as analyses carried out by the licenced engineering companies. Up to date, more than 600 buildings have been assessed and 82 meetings have been performed within the scope of the studies.
- Research Group Name: Turkish Constructional Steelwork Association "Steel Structures Day"
Civil Engineering Department collaborates with the Turkish Constructional Steelwork Association for the "Steel Structures Day" event at the Yeditepe University in December 6-7, 2023 to bring together industry professionals as well as engaging students which provides a platform for widening perception of the students of the structural steel industry, also engaging them in the student contests made within the scope of the event as well as providing networking opportunities for the students.
- Research Group Name: Concrete Technology Research Group
- Research Group Objectives: To be able to produce better performance, longer life, more environmentally friendly and more economical concretes by using new materials and new methods.
- Research Group Members: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tayfun Altuğ SÖYLEV
- Thesis Students: CE 492 course students
- Publications and Projects Published Together: COST TU 1404 Project
- Research Group Name: Infrastructure and Sustainability
- Research Group Objectives: Producing solutions to problems arising from Rapid Urbanization and climate changes
- Research Group Members: Asst. Prof. Dr. Börte Köse Mutlu, Asst. Prof. Dr. Özgür Köylüoğlu
- Thesis Students: Graduate Asistant Hasan Avcı, Güvenç Yavuztürk, Bayram Gülmez