Graduates will be scientists with theoretical and practical background that is sufficient to conduct advanced researches in the field of computer and computing systems, information analysis and advanced computer architecture, and who are capable of developing productive and creative solutions that are crucial in design and implementation projects.
Ph.D. Program Outcomes
Computer Engineering Ph.D. Program graduates are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Ability to understand and use basic sciences, mathematics and engineering sciences in a high level.
- Possession of wide and deep knowledge in the field of Computer Science and Engineering, including the latest developments.
- Ability to reach the new information in the field of Computer Science and Engineering and having high-level competence in necessary methods and skills to make the research by apprehending the new information.
- Ability to bring an innovation that provides different initiatives to the field of Computer Engineering; develop a new approach, method, design, application or apply a present method in a different field.
- Ability to perceive an original research process independently, and design, implement, conclude and lead the process.
- Ability to contribute to the literature by publishing the whole scientific research and development efforts he/she has carried out in the field of expertise.
- Ability to comprehend scientific, technological, social and cultural developments, and convey them to society with scientific impartiality and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to do critical analysis, synthesis and evaluation of ideas and developments in the field of Computer Engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written ways with the employees in the area of Computer Engineering and wider scientific and social communities, to communicate and discuss in advanced level of written, oral and visual ways by using a foreign language in at least European Language Portfolio C1 General Level.
- Ability to evaluate scientific, technological, social and cultural developments and to transmit these developments to society with scientific objectivity and a sense of ethic responsibility.