Our mission is to be a department that trains Industrial Engineers with professional ethics and responsibility who are able to solve large scale problems via systems approach using appropriate methodologies and theory in the design, modeling, control and improvement of complex systems and contributes to the production of information and technology by conducting interdisciplinary research with the industry, other universities and research institutions.
Our vision is to carry out reputable researches at national and international level, to admit successful students in undergraduate and graduate levels, to have alumni who are successful in domestic and international industry and research institutions, to produce positive contributions to science, technology, industry and humanity.
Educational Objectives and Learning Outcomes of the Undergraduate Program
The objective of this program is to graduate students who
- Apply the basic principles of Industrial Engineering and take on leadership roles to solve the problems of their sectors
- Play an important role in the analysis, design, implementation and development of production and service systems
- Contribute to the accumulation of knowledge about Industrial Engineering by conducting scientific research
Program Learning Outcomes
- Adequate knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering subjects pertaining to the relevant discipline; ability to use theoretical and applied knowledge in these areas in complex engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems; ability to select and apply proper analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- Ability to design a complex system, process, device or product under realistic constraints and conditions, in such a way as to meet the desired result; ability to apply modern design methods for this purpose.
- Ability to devise, select, and use modern techniques and tools needed for analyzing and solving complex problems encountered in engineering practice; ability to employ information technologies effectively.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, gather data, analyze and interpret results for investigating complex engineering problems or discipline specific research questions.
- Ability to work efficiently in intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams; ability to work individually.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Turkish, both orally and in writing; knowledge of a minimum of one foreign language; ability to write effective reports and comprehend written reports, prepare design and production reports, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear and intelligible instructions.
- Recognition of the need for lifelong learning; ability to access information, to follow developments in science and technology, and to continue to educate him/herself.
- Consciousness to behave according to ethical principles and professional and ethical responsibility; knowledge on standards used in engineering practice.
- Knowledge about business life practices such as project management, risk management, and change management; awareness in entrepreneurship, innovation; knowledge about sustainable development.
- Knowledge about the global and social effects of engineering practices on health, environment, and safety, and contemporary issues of the century reflected into the field of engineering; awareness of the legal consequences of engineering solutions.