For internship details, please contact the department coordinator: Assist. Prof. Mehmet Üçışık
E-mail: email@example.com Office: Engineering Bldg. B-502
GBE400 internship REPORT LINKS:
Faculty of Engineering
GENETICS AND BIOENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
GBE 400 Summer Practice
Finding internship is the responsibility of the student.
However, the University’s Career Development Office provides support. Career Development and Graduate Communications Manager Information:
T: 0216 578 00 00/2629, F: 0216 578 00 51
Students can also get help from the many student clubs within the university.
Compulsory internship period is 20 working days. You need to record activities of each day into an internship report. Additional records exceeding 20 days are not taken into consideration. Official holidays and weekends are not counted as well.
The following documents should be submitted to the department secretary at least 4 weeks before the beginning of the internship period;
- Photocopy of national identity card
- Residence document
- 1 Photo
- Internship admission form
- Social Security Institution (SSI) Covenant
- If the student has Bağ-kur contract with SSI, Bağ-kur covenant should be provided
Application and Approval form: the first page is filled by the student, signed by the department head and submitted to the company. The second page is filled by the company and submitted to the department secretary. The third page is filled by the student and submitted to the department secretary.
Preliminary Information Form: The first page is filled by the student and submitted to the department secretary along with the all required documents listed in the form. The second page is filled by the company.
About the internship report:
- Content of the report should be based on your internship activities.
- You can write your observations even if you do not perform the particular task.
- Report can be handwritten or prepared on computer.
- The report should be prepared in English. If there are Turkish terms which are difficult to translate, they can be written in Turkish but should be accompanied with a description in English. If deemed necessary, printouts supporting the text can be pasted to the report.
The internship report and questionnaire (to be completed by the student) must be submitted on 18 and 19 September 2017 until 17:00. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Internship evaluation forms (to be filled in by the company) can be send by fax. However, since faxing is not reliable, the students are advised to submit the form in a sealed envelope together with the internship report.