Internship Coordinator: Prof. Dr. F. Yeşim Ekinci
Necessary Information about Internship
Food Engineering Department conducts internships within the scope of "Engineering Faculty Internship Procedures Application Principles (YÜMFSUE)". Issues involving applications other than YÜMFSUE are forwarded to the Departmental Internship Coordinator and evaluated in line with the decision to be taken by the Department Board.
Undergraduate students of Food Engineering are required to do one compulsory internship. In addition, our university pays insurance for the 2nd and 3rd internships to be done voluntarily, if desired.
It is essential that the compulsory internship is in the fields of food science, food technology and food engineering. In this context, students can do their compulsory internship preferably in the production, R&D, and quality control units of the Food Enterprises, as well as in the laboratories of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Turkish Standards Institute, Food R&D Centers and private laboratories with accreditation.
FDE 203 and FDE 226 courses must be completed in order to do compulsory internships.
The compulsory internship period is at least 20 working days and must be done continuously. If the workplace is also working on Saturdays, these days are also considered as working days. During the internship, students should not take any lessons. If courses are taken in summer school, internship can only be done after the end of summer school until the fall semester begins. The internship period cannot extend even one day into the semester.
In addition, within the scope of YÜMFSUE provided that a cooperation is signed between our University and the institution where the internship will be made , long-term work experience internship (maximum 45 working days) can be done throughout the education period. This internship must be done after the 6th semester. It can also be considered as a compulsory internship.
If the compulsory internship is done as a long-term internship, the internship notebook must be filled up with the number of days that internship is done.
Students who are planning to do an internship can find their internship place through the Career Development and Alumni Communication Unit of our University ( https://ogrencimerkezi.yeditepe.edu.tr/en/career-development-and-alumni-relations ) or by their own means.
In addition, internship advertisements sent to the faculty members by the companies are shared on “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “COADSYS” FDE XXX announcement page. However, many student clubs at our University have created their own networks on this issue, students who need it can contact these clubs.
The earlier you apply to the institution where you plan to do your internship, the higher your chances of being accepted.
While calculating the internship day, the actual working day must be taken as stated in the labour law. Official holidays, festivals, etc. special days are not counted as internship days.
After the approval of the internship firm / unit and the internship period is received from the Departmental Internship Coordinator, the internship application documents are delivered to the Food Engineering Department Secretary “Selma Aka Dinç”, at least 4 weeks before starting the internship. Documents submitted close to the internship start date will not be accepted.
Students who have completed their internship are required to submit the internship notebook, intern evaluation form and internship evaluation forms signed and stamped by the company on the date announced on the website, to the Internship Coordinator, in return for signature.
- Copy of ID Card
- Certificate of residence
- 1 passport size photo
- Insurance Commitment
- Intern confirmation form
- Health provision information sheet
- If the student has a Bağ-Kur, the information commitment of it
- The first page on the Application and Approval form is filled in and delivered to the company after signing to the head of the department. The second page is filled in by the company and delivered to the department internship responsible.
- Once the documents mentioned in the preliminary information form are completely supplied, they are filled and delivered to the department internship responsible.
When the firms and the internship period for the students are determined, petitions must be submitted to Food Engineering department secretary “Selma AKA DİNÇ”.
Things to Consider While Filling Out Internship Book:
- The information needed to be found in your internship notebook will be determined according to your internship program.
- In general, you can mention the job descriptions, processes, operations, mechanisms, based upon your observations (even if you didn’t do it personally).
- In order to be counting of internship days, you have to reflect on the new things you have learned about work in the workplace by doing or observing during that day.
- You can write the internship notebook by handwriting or on a computer.
- The internship notebook must be written in English. However, some terms can be expressed in Turkish with explanations in the case of hard to find the corresponding meaning in English. Where necessary, the output from the computer can be pasted.
- The internship notebook must be submitted in the last week of September. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The intern evaluation report (to be filled in by the company) is accepted by fax. However, there is a risk while delivering by fax. Preferably, it is more convenient to be delivered in a closed envelope, together with the notebook by hand.
- Intern Evaluation Report
- Internship Notebook
- Internship Survey
- Occupational health and safety instruction for students going to internship
- Request Form From School to Organization
- “State Contribution Commitment” to be requested from the company
- Letter of application to start the insurance to be given to the Head of Department
- Summer school form for interns
Department Secretary: Selma Dinç
Tel: 0 216 578 0000-1418 Fax: 0 216 578 0400