IMMC’2021 DIGITAL - OPEN ACCESS/20th INTERNATIONAL METALLURGY & MATERIALS CONGRESS
20th International Metallurgy & Materials Congress (IMMC’2021) will take place on 10-12 June 2021.
IMMC’2021 will be held in Digital Platform by the invitation of the Training Center (METEM) of the Turkish Chamber of Metallurgical and Materials Engineers. Starting from the first congress held in 1975, IMMC congress series have been one of the prominent international conferences in the region on metallurgy, materials science and engineering to promote scientific exchange and cooperation by bringing together both academia and industry.
There will be 14 invited, 160 oral, and 142 poster presentations in the following symposiums:
Advanced Alloys and Processes for Aerospace; Materials for Energy; Nanomaterials; Biomaterials; Composite and Polymer Materials; Ceramics-Glass-Refractory Materials; Steelmaking; Non-Ferrous Metals; Casting; Mechanical Metallurgy; Surface Treatment and Heat Treatment; Welding Metallurgy; Corrosion and Wear; Quality Management and Non-Destructive Testing; Recycling and Sustainability.
The invited presentations
- Materials Recovery and Reuse for the 21st Century: A call for action and the need for a paradigm change, Diran Apelian (University of California, USA)
- The Future of Extractive Metallurgy, Fathi Habashi (Laval Univversity, Canada)
- New Surfaces by Direct Laser Interference Patterning: Optimal Functional Properties due to Fast and Precise Micro-Nano Structuring, Frank Mücklich (Saarland University, Germany)
- Chemically Processed Inorganic Nanostructures for Energy and Health Applications, Sanjay Mathur (University of Cologne, Germany)
- Synthesis of Nanoceramic Powders and Their Biomedical Applications, Muhammet S. Toprak (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- The Status of Traditional and Advanced Technology Ceramics in Turkey, Alpagut Kara (Eskişehir Technical University, Turkey)
- Novel Advanced Automotive Graphene Nanocomposites: Challenges and Future Perspectives, Ahmed Elmarakbi (Northumbria University, UK)
- Design of Materials for Advanced Energy Storage, Cengiz Özkan (University of California, USA)
- Polymeric Composites with Novel 2D Nanofillers Mxenes, Maria Omastova (Slovak Academy of Sciences)
- Advances in Thermal Barrier Coatings: Current Status and Future Perspectives, Makoto Hasegawa (Yokohama National University, Japan)
- Microstructure Optimization in Additively Manufactured Metals through Heat and Surface Treatment, Marcel A.J. Somers (Technical University of Denmark)
- Novel Technology for Manufacturing Heavy Steel and Superalloy Forgings, Mingyue Sun (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Addressing Fundamental Problems in Metallurgy via First Principles Models: Point Defects, Surface Chemistry, and Initial Stages of Precipitation, S. Pamir Alpay (University of Connecticut, USA)
- Creep Cracking Mechanisms of Welded Joints for Cr-Mo Heat-Resistant Pressure Vessel Steels, Cong Wang (Northeastern University, China)